Thank you for being a Transitions Realty tenant!
Please take a moment to review the information below prior to your move in.
1. Call each utility company for the utilities you are responsible for paying and ask to “start service.” Call the utility companies at least three (3) business days in advance of your move-in.
2. The first full month’s rent is due at lease signing and the security deposit is due at/before move-in. Pro-rated rent for a partial month will also be due at lease signing unless other arrangements are made with the property managers.
3. Schedule your move-in walkthrough with Yoon Stutte, 240-506-2182 or by email at YoonStutte@gmail.com. Allow approximately one hour for the walk-through. You will receive the keys and any parking permits that might be provided at this time.
4. If you are renting one of our homes in Washington, DC and will be using street parking, please contact Washington’s District Department of Transportation at 202-671-2800 or online at http://ddot.dc.gov/service/residential-permit-parking
5. If you are moving into one of our condo properties, please be sure to schedule the freight elevator (if applicable) with the building manager and pay any move-in fee required to the condo in advance.
6. Please contact your insurance agent to obtain fire and hazard insurance on your personal belongings. The owner’s policy does not cover any tenant personal belongings or personal liability
Rent is due on the first of every month. It is late if not paid on the first. Late fees apply for rent over five (5) days late or ten (10) days late, depending on the jurisdiction. Check your lease for details.
If you would like to pay via ACH, please use the account number and routing number listed below.
Account Number: 46864026
Routing Number:* 021052053 (This is a valid ACH routing number for a service PNC Bank uses called UPIC.
(Note: this routing information is not valid for wire transfer payments) If you have questions regarding your ACH payment initiation capabilities, please contact your financial institution.
There are several reasons to consider electronic payment via ACH:
• paying via the ACH is more reliable and safer than putting your check in the mail.
• with ACH, the payment date is predictable as you determine the date that your payment is received by our company
• payment via ACH is environmentally friendly.
Of course, if you would prefer to pay by check or through online banking, our mailing address is:
Transitions Realty LLC
PO Box 151571
Chevy Chase, MD 20825-1571
Alterations to your Unit
Please note that, under your lease agreement, no changes can be made to the property without owner approval. This includes painting, installation of satellite dishes, and addition of shrubbery or any other alterations to the property. If you would like to make any changes, please submit a proposal to us in writing to present to the owner.
For all service requests, please email Yoon Stutte at YoonStutte@gmail.com. All non-emergency maintenance requests will be responded to and resolved during normal business hours. Please do not send maintenance issues by text message, as it is very important for us to have a clear service history on the property.
Emergency Calls to 240-506-2182 will only be accepted for the following items:
If you smell gas at any time, please contact Washington Gas immediately at 703-750-1500
If you are locked out of your home, you are responsible for contracting a locksmith for access. You are free to use any locksmith company of your choosing. We have had a good experience with Surefit Security, 301-585-4595.
Robin Loew, Property Manager email@example.com 202-365-0170
Yoon Stutte, Property Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 240-506-2182
Please make note of the following:
Location of Electrical Panel: _______________________________________________
Location of Main Water Shut Off Valve: ______________________________________
Location of Gas / Electric / Water Meters: _____________________________________
Garbage / Recycling Pickup Days: __________________________________________
Instructions for Mail Service / Mail Box :_______________________________________
Parking Information: ______________________________________________________
Lawn Care Information: ___________________________________________________
Condo Building Management Information: _____________________________________
Furnace Filter Size: _______________________________________________________
Steps to shut off outdoor water spigots:
1. Locate all outside water spigots.
2. Locate and shut off (turn handle / knob clockwise) the inside valves for each corresponding outside spigot. Usually these are inside, just on the inside wall of where the outside spigot is located. These are usually also higher up inside, possibly in an access panel.
3. Remove any hoses connected to the outdoor spigots.
4. Open the outside spigots (turn handle / knob counter-clockwise) to release any trapped water and air.
5. Close outside spigots after releasing trapped water and air. Outdoor water spigots should be shut off from November through March.
This may need to be done sooner in the year, or turned off for a longer period of time, if outside temperatures are below freezing.
Smoke detector batteries
Smoke detectors are furnished with fresh batteries prior to your move-in. You are responsible for replacing smoke detector batteries through the remaining term of your lease. Most smoke detectors use standard 9 volt batteries, but please check the unit before replacing the batteries to make sure you purchase the correct size and voltage. Smoke detector batteries should be changed every six months, to coincide with Daylight Savings Time. In 2018, some jurisdictions will be requiring new 10-year, lithium ion battery sealed smoke detectors. These units do not need to have battery changes as they are made to last 10 years.
HVAC units are serviced twice a year, in the spring and the fall. Furnace filters are not provided, and will need to be purchased and replaced every three months to ensure that the unit works properly.
Garbage Disposals are provided in the home’s kitchen sink, but should be used with caution. Any drain blockages or damage caused by negligent use will be tenant responsibility to repair.
For information on proper use and maintenance, please visit: http://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-a-Garbage-Disposal
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*
Transitions Realty, LLC
5540 Connecticut Ave NW, #200
Washington, DC 20015